Request for Service Offers – Certified English Teacher
In the framework of its Education Support Programme, Kopin is looking for a teacher of English as a Foreign Language to provide lessons to two adult learners. This is a call for quotations addressed to qualified applicants who are VAT registered.
Requirements and Information:
– Applicants should hold a recognised and valid certification of Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and have previous experience in teaching foreign students. Experience in teaching adult learners will be considered an asset;
– Applicants will need to deliver basic English lessons (A1 level) and be able to provide a certificate at the end of the course. The learners will start from a very basic level of English, having a basic command of literacy. They can communicate in Maltese or Arabic;
– Lessons will need to be delivered in person at the adult learners’ private residence in Balzan;
– Lessons will take place once or twice a week, on either Sundays (morning or afternoon) or Mondays (afternoon), according to the teacher’s and students’ availability. Each session will have a duration of 2 hours, for a foreseen total of 60 hours overall. A calendar for the lessons will be established beforehand between the teacher, Kopin and the students;
Interested individuals should send their updated CV, outlining qualifications and experience, and a quotation for their services based on their hourly rate (stating whether it is inclusive or exclusive of VAT, or exempt) to [email protected] by Monday 29th November. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Kopin via email to hold a brief interview, either virtually or in person.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide a clean Police Conduct prior to the start of the lessons.
Request for Service Offers – Year 6 Maths Tutor
In the framework of its Education Support Programme, Kopin is looking for a Maths tutor to support a Year 6 student. This is a call for quotations addressed to qualified applicants only.
Requirements and Information:
– Applicants should be qualified to offer tutoring services in Maths (Year 6 level) and preferably have teaching experience and/or experience in tutoring/supporting students. Experience with teaching or tutoring foreign students will be considered an asset;
– Lessons will need to be delivered in person at a residential facility in Msida, where the student and tutor will be provided an adequate space to hold the sessions;
– Lessons will take place in the afternoon, once every other week, for the duration of the scholastic year (between December 2021 and June 2022). Each session will have a duration of around 1.5 hours, for a foreseen total of 25 hours overall. A calendar for the lessons will be established beforehand between the tutor, Kopin and the student;
– The premises where the lessons will take place require individuals to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and to be holders of a valid EU Digital Covid Certificate (DCC);
– Lessons will be conducted in English.
Interested individuals should send their CV, outlining qualifications and experience, and a quotation for their services, based on their hourly rate, to [email protected] by Friday 3rd December. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Kopin via email to hold a brief interview, either virtually or in person.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide a Police Conduct prior to the start of the lessons and to subscribe to Kopin’s Child Protection Policy.
We are interested in collaborating, networking and partnering up with other civil society organisations, and individual stakeholders.
Should you be looking for partners or interested in collaborating with us, please get in touch on [email protected].
Kopin has established sponsorship relations with a number of companies, campaigns and individuals. If you believe in our work and would like to support us, please contact us on [email protected] Donations can also be made here.
INTERNSHIPS AT KOPIN
Please note that at the moment we are not accepting internship applications until further notice due to the current situation related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Over the past ten years, Kopin has been offering internship opportunities to numerous students from the University of Malta as well as from other European and international universities, engaging them in meaningful work experiences that allowed them to apply their theoretical knowledge and practical skills in our fields of engagement.
If you would like to apply for an internship with Kopin, kindly send us an email at [email protected], including your CV and a cover letter, indicating your areas of interest and preferred time frame. Please note that:
- the minimum commitment required is of three months
- our working language is English – for which we require at least a C1 level