InterCap – Developing Capacities together: European CSO-university networks for global learning on migration, security and sustainable development in an interdependent world
Duration: 01/11/2017 – 31/10/2020
Overall objective: To enhance critical understanding of migration and sustainable development, in the context of SDGs, amongst those in teacher education, in order to increase comprehension of the relationship between the interdependent world, (in)-security and risk.
The Action’s priority is to establish European CSOs-university networks, to build the capacities of the education actors, to promote global learning on migration, security and sustainable development in an interdependent world (InterCap).
Activities foreseen within the three-year project include:
- Conduct an audit on migration, sustainability and development education–> link to report can be found here
- Establish mentor partnerships between teacher training institutions, a European development education Community of Practice and national networks for the promotion of Policy Coherence for Development (PCD)
- Develop a 6-module Training Package for development education teacher training based on the participatory educational methods of Philosophy for Children (P4C), Open Spaces for Dialogue and Enquiry (OSDE) and Theatre for Living (T4L).
- Implement international & national teacher trainers’ trainings and national teachers’ workshops
- Practice-oriented projects, involving CSOs, Universities and local community
- Internships for pre-service teachers
- Annual International Conferences and other awareness raising activities
The project is led by CARDET (CY) and implemented in partnership with: Oxfam Italy (IT), Diversity Development Group (LT), University of Split (HR), ICU (IT), KMOP (GR), LWC (UK), TEA (PL), Euro-training (BG), WUS Austria (AT), WUS Germany (DE), ZAVOD (SLO).